Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hello 2011

I have to get better at actually blogging, huh?

"Can a women forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, Yet I will not forget you. SEE, I have inscribed you on the palms of My hands; your walls are continually before Me." Is. 49:15-16

"Nevertheless My loving kindness I will not utterly take from him, Nor allow My faithfulness to fail. My covenant I will not break. Nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips. Once I have sworn by My holiness I will not lie to David" Psalm 89:33-35

I love the intention of my Father's heart towards me. That He is continually pursuing me, and gently walking me through change. I love that though He is intentionally gentle in His approach of my heart, He is also intentionally intense about His faithfulness to me. He has inscribed me onto the palms of His very hands, and sworn His promises to me BY HIS HOLINESS. There isn't a human on earth that could try to compare to a promise like that, let alone try to match the holiness of our perfect Friend.

God cannot lie, and therefore I must choose: To live in the fear that even in the intensity of His wild love He will fail me.OR that He is who He says He is, and He will do what He said He would do.

I desire my life to be a passionate holy pursuit of Jesus. I am ready to be swept up into the great overwhelming world that is His affectionate purpose for me. I can't do that without letting go. God is the only one who can make a covenant and not break it. No marriage, no friendship, no business can create a contract that, through our frail human frames, we cannot break. But God, the Creator, has sworn it by His holiness and by His blood. How gracious a God that although we can never live up to His friendship, He binds Himself to us, through thick and thin.

May I embrace the gift of His passion towards me.